Tea Tree Aromatherapy Essential Oil
AT A GLANCE KEY FACTS
- Latin / Botanical Name | Melaleuca Alternifolia.
- Part Of Plant Used | Leaves & Twigs
- Sustainably Sourced From | Australia
- Extraction Method | Steam Distillation
- Aroma |
- Blends well with | Blends well with Eucalyptus, Lemon & Lavender
- Major active ingredient | Terpenoids
- Chemicals |
- Properties | antiseptic and anti-fungal, antimicrobial
BENEFITS OF TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL
Tea Tree has been used in one from or another for centuries by the indigenous Australians; as a poultice to heal cuts, burns, sores and infections and inhaled to relieve coughs and colds; as well as infusing it into tea for sore throats.
As well as Tea tree oil being good for relieving congestion, cold, cough and flu it's also been used to heal acne, fungal infections, dandruff, vaginal infections, haemorrhoids, athlete's foot and is believed to soothe aching muscles and joint injuries.
SCIENTIFIC STUDIES/RESEARCH ON TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL
PRACTICAL WAYS TO USE TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL
When added to bath water it helps control bacteria. Tea tree oil is not to be taken internally. It is usually used only on adults and must be kept away from children and pets. Don't use it if you're pregnant or lactating.
DIY BLENDS & RECIPES USING TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL