Black Pepper Essential Oil
AT A GLANCE KEY FACTS
- Latin / Botanical Name | Piper Nigrum
- Part Of Plant Used | Peppercorns
- Sustainably Sourced From | India
- Extraction Method | Steam Distillation
- Oil Type / Family |
- Aroma | Spicy
- Blends well with | Cedarwood, Frankincense, Lavender, Clary Sage, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Bergamot, Rose, Clove & Sandalwood
- Major active ingredient | Piperine
- Chemicals | high in monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes
- Properties | Warming, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, anti-virulent, antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial
- Cautions |
- Allergens |
BENEFITS OF BLACK PEPPER ESSENTIAL OIL
The warming effect of Black Pepper Essential Oil makes it a great Essential Oil to use in a massage blend to help ease away any aches and muscle pains
When inhaled Back Pepper Essential Oil may help to promote calmer and less anxious feelings, helping to deal with your unwanted nerves or soothing your heightened emotions.
SCIENTIFIC STUDIES/RESEARCH ON BLACK PEPPER ESSENTIAL OIL
Black Pepper Essential Oil has the potential for a myriad of potential benefits and the most recent research has explored its use as a relief for aches and pains (particularly neck pain), cholesterol reduction, toxin elimination and enhancing circulation amongst others.
PRACTICAL WAYS TO USE BLACK PEPPER ESSENTIAL OIL
Black Pepper Essential Oil is great for warming up frosty feet after being out in the cold (or before going out in it!). Just apply a few drops of Black Pepper oil that has been diluted with a carrier oil to the soles and massage in for a moment to treat your feet.
The strong warming effect is the perfect preparation for venturing out and/or a great way to recover your warmth quickly once you are back inside.
DIY BLENDS & RECIPES USING BLACK PEPPER ESSENTIAL OIL
- DIY 'Deep Heat' Blend to soothe a tight neck - Black Pepper, Sweet Marjoram, Lavender and Peppermint essential oils,
- DIY De-stress & Relax Blend - Black Pepper, Juniper Berry oil and/or Cedarwood oil
Want to turn up the heat? Mix with Cinnamon or Turmeric essential oils